Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #1

Hey Florida!!

I live in Daytona, but am frequently in Jax as well as O-town. Anything going on in the area ever?

pompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #2

Not too much, kind of quiet on porsche activities.
Check out the Citrus Region PCA club page, there are a few happenings, you just missed an autocross last weekend. There are more scheduled though. And another group I hang out with is the Orlando Roadsters (Miatas mostly) we try to meet at least once a month here in winter park... PM me if you want some more details.

btw - Hey there! Nice to meet ya!

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)

Last edited by kabel; 04-18-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot to just say Hello!
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #3

I'm in Jax area, Amelia Island area is home but my shop is by the Jax Zoo.
Haven't checked into any Porsche Club stuff in Jax yet. Brumos seems to do alot so when I get in tune I'll let the Florida guys know.
Just bought my box at the end of November, but spent a butt-ton of time searching for what I wanted.
This site was quite helpful in the research, so I've been lurking but not posting!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #4

Hey guys. I live in Palm Coast (between Daytona & Jax) and am waiting for my '08 987 S that I ordered from Brumos to get here - mid Feb. I was told.

I'm considering going to the Rolex 24 on the 26th - if anyone knows of some cheap tickets let me know.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to Hedonistcpl
Sunshine State

Howdy to all of you in the Sunshine State. Couple with an 07 Boxster S in sunny Pensacola. Wish more of you were in the area- always up for a ride in the sun.

Hedonistcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #6

I just moved up to jax beach from daytona shores about 4 months ago. Missin' daytona, but nah...there doesn't seem to be much goin' on up here...wish there was! There are a couple great porsche mechanics in the area that i've met though.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ei6sns.jpg
pompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #7

Share your N. Florida mechanics with us - not sure if I want to rely on the dealer for everything non-warranty.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
I reside just south of melburne in port st. lucie.. any members from the area let me know because i seem to be the only one .. the citrus region autocross events seem pretty cool and theres one this sunday =]
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL-Boxster
the citrus region autocross events seem pretty cool and theres one this sunday =]
They are pretty cool . I usually attend them if I can (wont be there this weekend thought). You going to this one ?

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to bermuditis
I thought I was only one here in O-town.

Love to swap ideas and go to events. Please include me in the loop.
bermuditis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #11

What are you driving? I'm mostly in east orange area.

Next PCA Autocross is Sunday April 6th!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #12

Arrow Citrus Region PCA Autocross this Sunday, April 6th!

Citrus Region PCA Autocross this Sunday, April 6th!
The Second Annual Space Coast vs. Florida Citrus Region Challenge Autocross will be this Sunday, April 6 at the Lake county Sheriff's Training Facility.* Directions and other information are on www.flcitrusregion.org.* Go to events then autocross.* As usual, come early, do a good course walk and drive your Porsche the way the engineers designed it.* Registration is $25.* Lunch will be partially supported by Sid Collins of Troysport.* In addition, Sid will give a Tech Session during lunch.* Need help setting up your car to win?* Sid is the guy.

Last year, Florida Citrus dominated the Challenge, taking almost all of the top places.* But, our friends from Space Coast have been practicing and will be tough this year.* Please come out and drive your best.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompous
I live in Daytona, but am frequently in Jax as well as O-town. Anything going on in the area ever?
I'm in S. Georgia but autocross with the SCCA guys in Jax. We hang out on www.nasioc.com in the southeast region forums (I used to race a Subaru and most of my friends still do look for the Jacksonville Mod Squad thread in nasioc) and everyone is welcome. The Boxster isn't very competitive in AS and BSP but it is still alot of fun to drive. Having another Boxster to drive against would be fun.
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompous
I'm in S. Georgia but autocross with the SCCA guys in Jax. We hang out on www.nasioc.com in the southeast region forums (I used to race a Subaru and most of my friends still do look for the Jacksonville Mod Squad thread in nasioc) and everyone is welcome. The Boxster isn't very competitive in AS and BSP but it is still alot of fun to drive. Having another Boxster to drive against would be fun.

silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote