Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 04:08 AM   #1

soaking doors

I bouught a boxster low mileage 39000 last year and have recently noticed that the lower door panel is soaking wet after persistent rain.
Is it the door skins or is it the door seals Iwant to ask and does anyone else suffer this kind of problem

charlie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #2

Wet Door

I have the same issue on my pass side door on my 2001. I notced some rubber plugs on the bottom of the door. I may try and remove one of these. Not a fix but I may find some comfore knowing the water is draining.
Joel Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #3

soaked door panel

I have both door panels wet at the bottom. Very wet. Soaked. I live in Seattle area where it rains all the time and these panels get very wet when driving in the rain. Immediately after driving , I popped the bottom of the door panel and looke d and felt inside and did not detect any moisture, just the carpet-like material on the outside of the panel. Very strange. Hope someone has an answer
dickgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #4

Hi,

There are 2 drains in the bottom of the doors, you need to clean these occasionally with a piece of wire to insure that debris which falls in the open space when the window is down doesn't clog them. You'll see the holes if you open the door and look underneath it...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #5

Make sure you clean out all your drains especially before/during rainy season!!

So heres what happend my doors stopped locking and i too had noticed wetness inside the car during the rainy season in San Francisco. So I took it to the dealer and the alarm control unit apparently resides under the driver side chair and was ruined by the rain water....

Learn from my burden that cost me $1000 to replace.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...IMG00612-1.jpg
ROMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #6

Soaked door panel

checked drains and they are clear. Only center of door bottom (carpeting on the doors) is wet on both doors. Popped off bottom of passenger door today and still cannot find any evidence of water behind the panel. Weather stripping looks good. I think I will have to remove the whole door panel and take a look inside. But not water dripping out of door and no sign of water accumulating inside the door. Anything I should know about the side airbag before removing the panel?

dickgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote