Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #1

opinions of upgrades need lots of advice

Ok so it is winter and -10 right now in MN, and spring is coming some time? This means its time to order parts. I'm an encyclopidia for the other cars I've owned or modified for friends. When I go to look at Boxster stuff I'm completely in the dark so all comments help tons, and I appriciate all. So early thanks to all. Ok the run down CEL on, 60k on OD. Going to replace all 02 sensors Bosch and MAF E-gas/ E-acc. is this correct for 00'S? Next I need new rotors and pads pads I'm not concerened with now maby Mintex? Rotors OE or Zimmermann? Anyone used Zimmermann? Other suggestions? Want to do headers. Does the stock manifold have the pre 02s in them or are those in the cats? If in manifold do the schnell headers have bungs already welded in? Other suggestions on headers? Exhaust Schnell, Borla, or GHL ? Want not to expensive with nice sound but not like my old race car loud. Remember there will be headers involved too. Once again other recomendations welcome. Finally have to have coilovers seems to be between KW V-2 or V-3,Bilstien pss9, D2, H&R, or FK. Cross would be first choice if in my budget. Sorry this was so long but please take time to mull over lots to go right and wrong with purchases. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #2

Well I have now purchased 4 02 sensors, a MAF sensor, and 4 brake rotors... and a Bently manual. I found some useful info I missed on back pages here at 986. Still dont know what to do about exhaust and headers and suspention. please help really thinking about kw v3's.

mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote