Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #1

Better way to clean front vents?

On the theory that (almost) no question is too stupid to ask, can the front vents be cleaned without removing the bumper cover? For example, would it be possible to attach an extension to the wet vac. that is small enough in diameter to get into the opening and long enough to reach all the way? If so, what diameter hose extension would do the job, and what length?

Since this is a job that needs to be done-what, once or twice a year, wouldn't it be nice to find a user-friendly solution? My thanks in advance for any advice from those who have experience in this area.

That brings up another thought, what about those screens that some of the catalogs offer? What's the experience been with them? Tom

tlc356sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #2
Forum Contributor

One of the best investments I made for my Boxster is a Data Vac vacuum cleaner. It's meant for cleaning computers so it's small, lightweight, and has a ********************load of attachments for getting into smalll spaces, as well as all the 'normal' attachments. I have used this to clean the radiators without removing the grills. The top opening is larger than the other two so go through that one.

I am in the process of installing the plastic grill screens from Performance Products. I'm not crazy about the fact that they use zipties to hold in place, but it is almost impossible to see them without looking for them.

Hope this helps.

atomichead is offline   Reply With Quote