Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2021, 03:52 AM   #1

Where is Litronics control module physically located?

I’ve searched online and cannot find the physical location on the car of the Litronics control module (99661815115). Can someone please tell me its location?

My factory Litronics are not self leveling and my Durametric points to the control module. My chassis sensors are connected and properly oriented. Both headlights respond properly to Durametric orientation commands. If I erase the fault codes they return immediately. Want to start problem determination by ensuring that the control module is properly plugged in.

Thanks in advance!

Rgds, Fred

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 05-04-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #2

In the frunk rh innerwing vertical under the liner
Haycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haycee View Post
In the frunk rh innerwing vertical under the liner
Found it, thanks Haycee!
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 05-04-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

Had codes 1 & 2 myself. passenger side seat, right below the airbag is the module. Have to remove the duct to get to it. On mine it was connected but 1 of the pins has backed out. Was a pain to get to but once I did codes went away and lights stopped going to only low.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
Had codes 1 & 2 myself. passenger side seat, right below the airbag is the module. Have to remove the duct to get to it. On mine it was connected but 1 of the pins has backed out. Was a pain to get to but once I did codes went away and lights stopped going to only low.
Thanks Stl. I purchased an e-service manual yesterday that indicated the location you specified but for my 2004 the module is in the frunk under the right side liner. Porsche must have moved it when they added the glove box. Much easier to get to than the under the dash location.

I checked the pins and reseated the plug but lights are still not leveling. I’ll update as soon as I have time to do more problem determination.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Thanks Stl. I purchased an e-service manual yesterday that indicated the location you specified but for my 2004 the module is in the frunk under the right side liner. Porsche must have moved it when they added the glove box. Much easier to get to than the under the dash location.

I checked the pins and reseated the plug but lights are still not leveling. I’ll update as soon as I have time to do more problem determination.
The leveling control is mounted on the Left rear control arm, If litronic's are not oe you need to buy & retrofit the leveling control.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #7

There are actually 2. Both left side on front & rear control arms. The arms usually break but those would only be codes 3 & 4. All those codes indicate a control module issue, wiring to it or fuse.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:26 AM   #8

Or the wiring between the level sensors and the box.................