Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #1

Cat exhaust

Hi,
Ive had my boxster s for a year now. It looks and sounds awesome, goes like a rocket too. Its been trouble free all year, and a fantastic summer for a roadster too.

Ive run into an issue at the mot station. It wont go through the emissions test. On reading the codes it looks like i need some oxygen sensors. I think there are 4 of them.

Looking under the car, comparing it to whats in the parts manual i think ive got an aftermarket stainless exhaust. I only seem to have one o2 sensor each side.
The 2x expansion boxes dont look too much like catalytic converters...
What do you think ?

The 02 that are connected have the harness secured to the lower part of the rear engine/ front gearbox support. I cant see any more connectors dangling anywhere.
Does anyone know where the cable ends appear ?
Is there a version of the M96.22 engine that has only front pre-cat oxygen sensors ?

I dont have a problem buying a suitable MOT friendly exhaust pipe just for the day however a more convenient less work option would be good !

Has anyone seen anything similar ?

any help appreciated

graham

grayboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #2

I suggest a post on boxa.net which is a UK Boxster site. There are sure to be MOT experienced people there to guide you.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote