Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #1

Garage
FCP Euro Control Arms/Tuning Forks

Guys,

Anyone else had issues installing these? Bought them after reading around a bit. Cant seem to get them in. Need too much torque on the bushing to get the lower bolt into the sub frame if I do the bolt into the coffin arm first and cant get the hole to line up on the coffin arm with the bolt started into the subframe. I started a return and have meyle arms from pelican coming but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue. Thanks

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

The rear ones? The ball joint is stiff when new, but I installed them ball joint end first and then slide them up the coffin arm for that end, made easier if the car is on ramps to load the suspension, or jmtpu can jack up that corner by lifting at the ball joint end of the coffin arm.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #3

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/60057-rear-trailing-arms-replacement-guide-diy.html
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 AM   #4

Garage
Loading the suspension! The fcp euro arm has a very tight poly bushing. Could not get it to thread without loading the suspension with a floor jack. Thanks for the help!
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:56 AM   #5

Oh you bought the eps arms?
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #6

Garage
I bought a URO control arm from Pelican parts to replace my right rear around 90K miles. The URO bushing was failing within 2,000 miles. By the time I ordered a new TRW arm from Pelican & installed it it had been a little over a year since I ordered the URO arm, despite the 2 year warranty on URO parts, Pelican would not warranty the URO arm. I buy a lot less from Pelican.

U Replace Often !