Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Convertible top Strap/clip

When i have my top in service mode, i noticed there is a strap with a black plastic clip that isnt clipped to anything, looks like it holds the lower edge of the top down to the base that it sits on....I cannot figure out what the clips clip on to...can anyone take a picture of send it to me.?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
KronixSpeed

Hey, is it the clip that holds the inner liner..........

that happend to me, i think it happend because i stick my hockey stick on the passenger side, and the butt-end of the stick sits in that area. and a couple of times i forgot to move the stick in time, while putting the roof up. n the clip came out. my hands are small, but not small enough to get it back on the inside. not a big deal, i took it to my dealer and had it put back on.

where the clip, clips back on, is very tight and almost impossible to put back on. very akward. dealer should fix it in a second.

or i'm thinkiing if you could some how attach the clip to a long rod, and slide it down there. look on the other side and see where the clip goes back on, and clip it to the same place. maybe tape it to a rod and get it in there. can't do it with hands.

hope this helps
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Yes that could be it, Its a funny looking plastic clip, could you take a picture of what it clips on to for me?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
KronixSpeed

i could try to take a picture, but it looks exactly like what you are seeing. its hard
to see what it clips on to. put the top half way up and if you look down with a flash light, you should be able to see a hole that it clips on to. or look on the other side, and see exactly what it clips on to, with the top half way up.

i will try and post a pic.