Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Where is the secondary airpump?

I want to change mine,the annoying high pitched vacumm like sound at start up is annoying! Is there a way I can just change the bearing on it,without replacement?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #2

I just bought one for my 97, and it turns out its not the pump, so if you want I have one I would be willing to sell you for $200 shipped. Guaranteed against DOA. It was tested 2 hours ago... unfortunately didn't fix my problem (see my other post). I'm assuming either the vacum hose maybe popped off, or maybe the valve. So annoying because apparantly it's 4 hours labor to pull the intake off to get to the hose (plus the time to put it all back together) - if anyone has info on this let me know! I'm going to try to get some info and tackle it myself to save some coin.

Not a real big deal to replace the air pump though from what I understand, I'm going to pick the car up in an hour, I'll let you know what they bill me. They were guessing 1-1.5 hours. You can access it from the top of the engine I'm pretty sure, 3 screws and 2 hoses to disconnect. I was going to do it myself originally but don't have the diagnositc tool to reset the engine light and codes to see if it's fixed.

If you want the pump let me know, my e-mail is flyride@gmail.com

-Adam

flyride is offline   Reply With Quote