Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #1

Unhappy 986 boxster Temperature Guage flashing

Can any one help,

Recently the temperature gauge red light has been flashing, I have topped up the rads with water , and at first it would have appeared that the water was leaking from the front right radiator end. i immediately put some radwell etc to stop the leak....It would appear that the water leakeage was still continuing although not from the same place.

Today i filled the radiator again but saw absolutely nothing ?

Any ideas ?

kouros.sissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #2

Pull up the carpet and the piece of wood in your rear trunk and look for radiator fluid. If you find it, you most probably need a coolant tank resovior.

And for the sake of your car, don't ever put in anything to stop radiator leaks. That stuff will only gum up your cooling system.

Because the boxster's cooling system spans the whole car (front bumpers all the way back to the trunk) there's a number of places where it could leak, but typically, leaks are found at the coolant tank. Cracks develop over the course of a few years of driving and sometimes, the plastic hose clamps break.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote