Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #1

Immobilizer/clu code help

The key remote to my car hasn't worked since I got the car. I fixed a bad switch on the remotes circuit board, and replaced the battery. Led lights up, but the car doesn't see it. So, I did the 3rd party remote trick that Particlewave wrote up. It locks and unlocks the car fine, until the alarm arms, then it won't unlock it. My car had some other strange immobilizer/CLU related issues so I set out to fix it. It was at the Indy shop for an unrelated repair, and I had him look into it for me. He pulled the following codes:

Thanks to an excellent write up on how to test all the door switches, I determined that the lock signal switch in the lock mechanism of the drivers side had failed. I ordered one from Woody, installed it last night, and the stupid CLU still won't unlock the car once the alarm has armed. You have to manually unlock the car, which then sets off the alarm, then turn on the ignition to clear it. The it will unlock again for about the 1st 20-30 seconds and it all starts over again.

I have googled immobilizer codes until my eyes went crossed and have not found a list, nor a diagnostic tree. I don't know what to do next, and I'm not about to take it to a dealer and pay them an hourly rate to figure it out. Someone please help!

Thanks

Swhitcomb is offline   Reply With Quote