Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
porsche986

how do I?

How do I remove the door covers to get to the windows and they are making a noice when they go up and down with the heat.

I need to remove the door covers, does anyone have a step by step guide?

Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
porsche986

ok i found link

http://www.ecoutez.net/boxster/door-panel-removal/

but known me i will set the airbags off so i will book it into porsche it needs a service anyways
Old 07-02-2006, 05:21 AM   #3

If you want to learn how to work on your car yourself, the Bentley repair manual that came out early this year is wonderful. Pix and everything. Amazon.com has it cheaper than other places.

You might just get a quote from the dealer, and let them diagnose the problem for you and then fix it yourself. Might be the regulators... they go out on aging boxsters.

The airbag deal is easy to avoid. Just remove the negative terminal of the battery for about 15 minutes before you start your work. Have your radio code handy before you do this though.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote