Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #1

MAF issues

Wondering if my MAF may have failed but hard to tell the car runs fine and pulls to the redline without hesitation but ever since the rebuild it just doesn't seem as responsive, so I've just disconnected the MAF and gone for a run and the car doesn't feel any Better or worse just seems to feel the same like I'd not disconnected it, i would have thought I'd have noticed a difference disconnecting a good working MAF.
Should I have noticed a difference if the MAF was working ok.

whitecliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #2

How many miles and starts since the rebuild and first start after? The ECU has to learn a new normal in order to operate correctly, until then it uses default parameters which are kinda the same as no-MAF. Someone once posted how many cycles it took to relearn. I don't have them handy.

Is there any data that supports the butt impression that it isn't as responsive? Or could you be thinking rebuild thus it should be better?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #3

I've done over a thousand miles and must be thirty plus starts and the first start was best part of two months ago.

It's in the higher gears at lower rpm where it seems to be slower.

Wondering is it worth disconnecting the battery to clear the ECU and then taking it for a hard drive. Also the MAF is two years old

whitecliffs is offline   Reply With Quote