Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Garage
Throttle issue.

Wasn't going to post this but decided it might help some one else out. Just back from the track where I had temp and throttle issues. My car was running about 190 on the track based on data acquisition. When I would come back into the pits the car would boil over while letting it run to cool down (225). What I found was my fans would not come on the front radiators. I ended up pulling the 4 fan relays to install jumpers on the pins for the high speed relays before I would go out on track. I pull them after the temp gauge dropped below the 8 in 180. No more issue.

On the second day even hotter, about half way through the second session I'd blip the throttle downshifting but it would not blip if I was on the brake. Shortly after that I think 2 laps. I felt like I was not getting full throttle response. At that point I came off the track and plugged in my Durametrics. Of course I had 2 fan codes but also P2135 pedal sensor 1 and P0121 Pedal sensor 1 value not plausible. I reset them and started reading. Everyone who has ever posted with this has had no pedal response or none after 4000 RPM (limp mode). I was able to wind out to full RPM but not blip and it felt like I lost some horsepower. The Data logged shows my temp remaining in the 185 t0 195 range, oil pressure 60 to 85 PSI Oils temp steady at 215.

The next session was OK and the last session a repeat of the second 5 laps OK then I couldn't Blip and 2 laps The car revs the full range but seem to be off on power. I loaded up and came home. At home again Durametrics shows the same 2 codes. I checked all the sensors connections Pedal Throttle body and MAF. Reset the code. touch the gas and they return. If I put my foot on the brake the accelerator doesn't respond. With my foot off the brake it revs through the entire range.

Another post suggested power reset which I then did. Problem resolved I can't make it happen ran a full tank of gas out between yesterday and today. No codes? Is this a looming breakdown or did I draw too much power some how jumping the fans and cause the ECM to loose the fuel pedal calibration?

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #2

Garage
Other things I left out at the track I run a 1875 belt and skip the AC pump. I run with the Heater control off. If I turn the AC on the fans come on low speed and do occasionally cycle to high. Once I turn the AC off no fans at all. I'm not sure that is normal but that what I saw. I never got a High temp light or a check engine light for any of the issues.

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote