Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #1

Clutch Job

Hello All,

I was wondering, do you guys think if I were to go by the Bentley's manual step for step, that I can have a successful Clutch replacement job finished?

Also, I'm in the middle of getting a quote from Sunset for a OEM clutch kit for my 98 boxster (seeing the price difference from OEM compared to the Sachs kit). Any suggestions on which one to get if the price is about the same?

Last edited by ralegen; 05-29-2006 at 09:13 PM.
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:11 AM   #2

was going to ask the same question. I'm also looking forward to finding out the difference between the OEM and the Sachs clutch
ghoonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:32 AM   #3

I put in a Sachs clutch and it feels like the OEM one I had in there before... I really didn't need a clutch, but since the tranny was coming out, it made sense to put a new one in there anyway.

So, the comparison is far more fair than comparing a worn OEM clutch to a brand Sachs clutch, which is where most of the opinions might come from.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote