Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Watch Freak

Headlight washer fluid

Where is the reservoir to fill up the washer fluid for the headlight washers on the litronics version? I hear the motor running when I hit the washer for the headlamps but no fluid comes out. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #2

It is the same as the windshield, just bigger when you also have the headlight washers. Look for the blue cap. Jeff
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 06:01 PM   #3
Watch Freak

Thanks Jeff. Very strange how I know there is fluid in the windshield reservoir since I spray it and it works. When my lights are on and I spray them nothing comes out of them yet I still hear the motor working. This led me to believe it is a different area for the fluid. Could it be that the system is faulty or clogged (16,000+ miles on the car)?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:07 PM   #4

The reservoir has 2 pumps. One for the windshield and the other for the headlights. I would suspect the pump but you say you can hear it running. You are going to have to pull a headlight and disconnect a hose to see where the problem is. Strange that both do not work. Peter is the shop foreman at my local dealer. This is what he has to say.

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_question.asp?id={F80A1D07-A8B6-4EE6-9147-A955B7A71E9D}

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_question.asp?id={F80A1D07-A8B6-4EE6-9147-A955B7A71E9D}

On preview the links don't work. Go to the PCA site under the tech section for Boxsters - electrical
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:16 PM   #5
Watch Freak

Thanks Jeff. I'll have to check it out as soon as it gets a bit warmer out. I can't see myself fiddling with anything in this weather. Hopefully in 3 months or so...
Old 12-15-2003, 04:17 AM   #6
Forum Contributor

On a Carrera that I previously owned, I had the same problem, and what had happen was the hose between the pump and nozzle came lose and was spraying fluid into my trunk. It was an easy fix, but it happened again and so I put a very small hose clamp on it and never re-occured. good luck