Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Garage
Door lock ?

Ok I know that the window going down issue was covered several time and there are several DIY posts. I followed the instructions and I replaced my door latch to correct the problem. Which has created a new problem. My key will lock the drivers door on the first turn, but I have to turn it a second time to lock the passenger door. The key-fab unlocks both doors but will not lock the doors. Last my central lock button on the dash will not lock or unlock the doors from inside.

Ideas.

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #2

I have a similar problem.
When I use the key FOB to lock the doors it clicks closed and then immediately clicks open again.

I can lock the driver side by using the key manually but again the passenger side clicks open again immediately.

Central Locking button on the dash does nothing, no response, and the armed light will not stay on using the key FOB.

I get a bunch of codes in the alarms section including:
46 Control Locking sync count=1
60 Central Locking Limit position "Lock not reached
"

From everything I have read a good place to look would be the Door lock as it seems like something is not detecting a successful lock and when one component stops working it seems like it effects the whole system.

I'll be taking my passenger door apart to remove the door lock and see what is happening there.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:43 AM   #3

Garage
How did you find the errors. I have a Durametrics Basic cable but it does not show any parameters for the locks.
The cable came with my Softronics tune. Is this less than the enthusiasts kit.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #4

Garage
So I Called Durametrics to see if the cable I have should work. The response was it should the basic cable works on 1 car Vin the enthusiasts works on 3 Vins. I have no alarms. From the other forum it was suggested to do a power cycle reset. I'll let you know how that goes.

The odd thing is I've used the cable on 2 other cars at the track and it read and reset engine codes on both cars.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #5

I have a Durametric Clone cable that runs version 5 of the software.
In the Alarm section it shows all the codes returned.

Yours should as well, unless you are running old Durametric software on your PC.
You want version 5 or better if its compatible with your cable.

It seems like the codes are not very specific so you just need to focus on the known Door lock with issues and see what you can find.

Moisture under the drivers seat could be an issue for the Alarm module there since it is not moisture resistant and corrosion has been a problem for some.

The door components suffer from things like connector mechanical issues, not making good contact, corrosion, cable chaffing and shorts.

The Door lock itself also has some limit sensors and mechanical components that can fail to function properly.

My drivers side window cables actually came off the pulley due to excessive slack in the system and prevented the window from raising/lowering. The slack came from within the window motor unit in the cable spool.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #6

Garage
My problem was the drivers window would drop as the handle was pulled then pop back up as soon as either handle was released. The sensor was OK but the cam in the latch was scored from time and use.

I bought a new latch. Installed it and the window issue was fixed. The car was setting all winter like this so I don't know when the lock stopped working I replaced the latch in the end of March and had not been driving the car again because of the April weather.

As a note I don't drive the car in the rain or set it outside unless I'm at the track in the rain. So in 6 years It's been in the rain about five times and none recently.

Last edited by jsceash; 05-09-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #7

Garage
Durametrics software version 6.5.1.9. The odd thing I see is I can't enable any alarm feature with the software. Not the locks, compartment latches, inside lights etc.

All my light features work, engine features work, AC, just not the alarms.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #8

The Durametric "Enthusiast" cable version is not capable of all the features of the "Pro" version so it may be the reason the enable links for everything is not working.