Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #1

Reset airbag light

My car (2000 986 2.7) threw an airbag warning light a few weeks back. I've ordered a new airbag as Porsche read the code as the passenger door airbag and all the wiring to the airbag itself seems fine. I was going to purchase an icarsoft i960 to reset the light as it's advertised as being capable, however YouTube videos suggest otherwise so I need something else to reset the light. Is durametric the only other option? I don't really want to drop £400 just to reset the light and taking it back to the dealer isn't really an option as I may need to reset multiple times trying different fixes, for example although it seems unlikely, I installed depo led rear lights and then the code came on so I do wonder if these somehow caused the issue. So may need to swap them back too etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

eliot92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #2

Garage
Durametric or the nexteldiag or something like that system has been talked about and works. That seems steep for a Durametric...you realize there's two versions...ones enthusiast one is for pros. You only need the enthusiast.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #3

nexteldiag ??
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #4

Durametric seems to be a lot more expensive in the few places I can find it in the UK. Unfortunately those prices were for the cheaper 3 car usage version too. What's nexteldiag? Can't seem to find it. Google is returning no results for me
eliot92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #5

You should invest in a Durametric cable from the US company that sells them and have it shipped to you in the UK. If you call them sometimes they have returned units they sell for $100 off, which is what I got. Fully warranted and works great, btw.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
nexteldiag ??
Hang on let me find it...it's a German tool and you'd have to basically speak German to use it...I know I jacked up the name. There was a recent thread about it.

Autel Maxidiag. Bunch of different models but they can be had on ebay for fairly cheap.

Last edited by jdraupp; 12-08-2015 at 01:58 PM.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
Mig

Garage
I had a problem with my air bag light being illuminated as well. My air bag was okay so I just needed to reset the light (these lights can get triggered from a disconnected battery). The only option which seems to work is Durametric.

Consider buying the Enthusiast version. Good for 3 vehicles and costs $287 US. I believe that's about 200 pounds. Not cheap, but cheaper than a few resets from the dealer.

I understand that buying a Durametric setup locally from a third-party is more expensive. Durametric does ship worldwide though if that helps.

Last edited by Mig; 12-26-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote