Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 05:22 AM   #1

Garage
MAF getting dirty, code p1126

about every 500 miles I will get a code 1126. I clean the MAF and it goes away. about 500 miles and it is back again. not getting any other codes and the car runs fine.

kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #2

What engine air filter are you running?
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
What engine air filter are you running?
Fram. it looks clean, which is a little surprising since it has been on there for a while. probably wouldn't hurt to replace it.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #4

it takes a least 2 cold cycles for a bad MAF code to come back. SO, though you think it might just be dirty, it is probable dead. Back when my MAF sensor was dying and i used my boxster as a daily to work and back, the code would reappear on the 3 day of driving. replaced the sensor and have been trouble free ever since.

Then again, this is just my experience - you might be in a completely different boat. the quickest fix though, get the part # of your MAF sensor, RockAuto and replace. That is the easiest, probably cheapest, hassle-free fix.
mump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post
it takes a least 2 cold cycles for a bad MAF code to come back. SO, though you think it might just be dirty, it is probable dead. Back when my MAF sensor was dying and i used my boxster as a daily to work and back, the code would reappear on the 3 day of driving. replaced the sensor and have been trouble free ever since.

Then again, this is just my experience - you might be in a completely different boat. the quickest fix though, get the part # of your MAF sensor, RockAuto and replace. That is the easiest, probably cheapest, hassle-free fix.
I would think that too, but I am not clearing the codes. I just cleaning the MAF and putting it back on. after a few miles the code clears. first time it took 4 months to come back, lately it comes about every 500 or so.