Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #1

Feeling of Accomplishment

love that feeling, after doing a job on the car, dropping it off the stands, firing it up and going for a test drive, and everything works!

Had a brake issue that I thought was a bad caliper, turned out to be a disintegrated e-brake shoe (driver's side). Lifted the car and replaced the e-brake shoes both sides, the rear brake pads both sides and the associated hardware.

While the car was up, decided to get to those things I've been wanting to do. So while waiting for parts to arrive (quickly and correct for the application - thanks Roger at 928-R-Us), I pulled the front bumper cover to clean the rads. This was the first time I've done this job - only had the Boxster for a year at this point, and damn, what a mess. Unbelievable the garbage that was behind there - stones, leaves, pine cones, dirt, feathers, an old penny! This is a regular maintenance job that should be done. Got it nice and clean. The disassembly also allowed me to clean everything else in the wheel wells and behind the wheel well liners. Messy but now good.

Anyway, new put parts on, followed Waynes 101 Projects instructions to the T - was all very easy to do, and just got back from a successful test spin and brake seat drive.:dance:

78 5 spd 928 Blumaxx (in Hemmings S & E issue #100)
85 928S garnet red stock daily driver
06 Mustang GT Legend Lime and modified to go even faster
linderpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #2

Take a look at the Zun Sport Stainless grills I put on my S the week I got it...saves the radiators

Porsche Boxster S 986 - Front Set Car Grilles and Porsche Boxster S 986 - Front Set Mesh Grilles

I have two 911 guys stop me and ask where did I get the great grills at....I said you guys talking to us now ?? ;-)
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:55 AM   #3
Luckyed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
Take a look at the Zun Sport Stainless grills I put on my S the week I got it...saves the radiators

Porsche Boxster S 986 - Front Set Car Grilles and Porsche Boxster S 986 - Front Set Mesh Grilles

I have two 911 guys stop me and ask where did I get the great grills at....I said you guys talking to us now ?? ;-)
Very nice.
Did you have to remove the bumper or did they install over the existing vents?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #4

Over the existing vents, it took more time to tape up the openings than it did to install these. Mine survived a head on collision with 2 Deer at 35mph. When the body shop did my repairs the asked for permission to drill my bumper and do a more permanent installation...they had been on for a year and I said yes. The Deer did not survive

I looked at the Zun Sport video thinking that these came out of a big factory...Boy was I wrong. Looks like 4 guys in a small facility making these by hand
Old 08-28-2014, 05:15 AM   #5

I really like those. I'd need black for my car. The chromes would look great on the silver cars
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #6

They do them in Black and Chrome (what I have) and subdued silver. The Black and other colors are powdercoated I believe. I sent them an email about producing a set of small grills for the rear speakers in various finishes
Old 10-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post

the link is now dead. Is there another link or comparable product?
Old 10-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #8

Garage
Porsche Boxster 986 Front Set Car Grilles and Porsche Boxster 986 Front Set Mesh Grilles

If that does not work start at Woven Mesh Grilles & Car Grilles | Chrome | Silver | Stainless Steel

Pricing is in pounds.

BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote