Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #1

Weird Window Problem???

Hi to everyone at 986forum. I just purchased a 99' boxster with a hard top and have had a weird problem with both my windows after both being up and turning off the car and returning only to find both windows down, Thats happened twice now and just today I had just turned off the engine and was sitting in the car with driver door open then a couple minutes later the windows rolled down. Any help would be great as Im afraid of parking anywhere but my house.

BobBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #2

It happened again!

It happened again last night!!! after locking my Boxster with the windows rolled up. then checked on them several times over a couple hrs. they stayed up. I then went to bed to find in the morning the car unlocked with the windows down.
Please any help would be great
Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #3

Have you tried resetting both windows?
When you enter the car, lower the window slightly, raise the window to its closed position, let go the raise / lower button and then press the raise button again for about 5 seconds.
Also make sure your soft top is fully closed - the top microswitch may not be functioning corectly and confusing the system.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #4

Thanks for the response. I will try resetting them but Im not sure if thats what it is, I have my hard top on also so dont think it is the soft top latch.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Beginner

Garage
Your car is haunted. Ghost in the machine...
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #6

If you unlock the door by turning the key in the drivers side lock and hold the key hard over for a few seconds, the windows will roll down. There might be a glitch or bad connection in the lock/switch mechanism that is causing it to happen on its own.
If that isn't it, then try wrapping the car with foil. You are too close to the Puget Sound Naval Ship Yard if you know what I mean. (just kidding)
Now that I think about it, try driving some distance away from the Bremerton area and see if it still happens. You never know what the Navy is testing lately. There might be a chance that some sort of RF interferance is tricking the remote alarm.

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote