Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #1

Interesting Muffler Mod - 2.5, 2.7

Hi,

When checking eBay yesterday, I came across this company in Germany which is selling a Modified OEM Muffler for the 2.5 and 2.7 cars. They claim a decibel reading of 105db.

The interesting thing is that it appears to be simply a couple of SS Tubes welded into the Muffler Intakes on either side which are then routed directly to the TailPipe.

They want some $500 for this Modified Muffler. But, I bet you could get a local Welding Shop to do the work for $100-$200 at most. Check out the pics and see for yourself. Listing at: http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-Boxster-2-5-986-Sport-Sound-Muffler-Exhaust_W0QQitemZ8033988986QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem ...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-31-2006 at 01:48 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:08 PM   #2

It seems like an interesting idea. Anyone want to try it? My family owns a machine/welding/construction company I'd be interested in trying one of the mods for someone w/ a "spare" muffler. Surely someone has one lying around from an upgrade. If someone is willing to pay for the shipping both ways and the material I can get the work done at no charge. I will look up the costs of material tonight when i go to the office and post. Can't imagine being much more than $30-50.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:25 PM   #3

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7325

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote