Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #1

from 3.2 L to 3.6L

Last week my car broke down ... IMS failure. I am now in process of buying a used engine for rebuild and Im very tempted to have this engine sleeved to 3.6 from 3.2L. has anyone done this? Same ecu?

pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #2

Garage
Yes You will need it tuned some time. Mine was probeably as extreeme as it can I had a base 2003 Boxster. I purchare a 2004 550SE motor and it ended up being cracked in cylinder 4. Had that sleeved to 3.6 by LN and installed. 74 MM Trottle Body, IPD Plenum, Modified exhaust, 987 style intake and MAF sensor. Back fired 4 or 5 time and started. It mounted directly in no modifications required Since it was installed I've had a Softronics Flash for the spyder with mods.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #3

Hi thanks for the info. The garage doing the sleeving are not convinced with the sleeving material available. Next .... put a 996 engine from a wreck in there, Im sure its been done
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

Have a look what Hartech in the UK have been doing with the improvement of sleeve material for the M96/97 engines.....
Porsche servicing, repairs, engine rebuilds, reconditioned wishbones and cars for sale - near Bolton, North West England.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #5

hartech rebuilds

Hi steve tks for the contact