Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #1

Question - 996 GT3 6 Piston 350mm Calipers

In sum, may I clear the above mentioned calipers on MY03 'S?

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Crazy Austrian

Garage
18" or larger wheels are not problem but the mount holes are different. you will need the gt3 hubs or find a way to modify yours
Old 11-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #3

is it truly that much of an improvement over the stock S calipers/rotors with race pads?
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Crazy Austrian

Garage
OH yeaaaaaaaa BUT the question is why do you need more breaks. a Stock boxster S with padget or some other competition pad will stop just fine, in my case I went to a larger power plant which facilitated the need for larger brakes. I did fine with my moded 3.2 motor and stock brakes. So is it worth the money ? In my opinion stay stock unless you stick a larger carrera engine in your car.

Last edited by harryrcb; 11-28-2011 at 06:32 AM.
harryrcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryrcb View Post
18" or larger wheels are not problem but the mount holes are different. you will need the gt3 hubs or find a way to modify yours
Very well. Thank you kindly!

Quote:
OH yeaaaaaaaa BUT the question is why do you need more breaks. a Stock boxster S with padget or some other competition pad will stop just fine, in my case I went to a larger power plant which facilitated the need for larger brakes. I did fine with my moded 3.2 motor and stock brakes. So is it worth the money ? In my opinion stay stock unless you stick a larger carrera engine in your car.
That is the end idea as I have already completed the greater majority of engine modifcations available for my 3.2L. To the point now wherein which I am considering opting to forced induction and/or a larger Carrera engine as you stated. Hence the idea for 996 GT3 6 piston calipers up front. Slowly but surely I am gearing her for the track as either a 996 TT or 996 C4S will be added to the stable next year.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Hello Harry,
Did you completed the DFI engine transplant into your Boxter..?
how do you like it..?

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Hello Harry,
Did you completed the DFI engine transplant into your Boxter..?
how do you like it..?

I wish, work has kept me away from my project. I will post as soon as it lives again.
thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Very well. Thank you kindly!

That is the end idea as I have already completed the greater majority of engine modifcations available for my 3.2L. To the point now wherein which I am considering opting to forced induction and/or a larger Carrera engine as you stated. Hence the idea for 996 GT3 6 piston calipers up front. Slowly but surely I am gearing her for the track as either a 996 TT or 996 C4S will be added to the stable next year.
you will also need to install the GT3 master cylinder for the larger volume of brake fluid the callipers need. Easy install.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #9

Quote:
you will also need to install the GT3 master cylinder for the larger volume of brake fluid the callipers need. Easy install.
Noted. Thank you, sir!