Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #1

Torque spec for engine support yoke studs

I'm going to replace the water pump and the motor mount this weekend (fun and games) and I don't see a torque spec for the yoke studs. I'm paranoid because I've stripped the threads in the holes that studs thread into in the past when the stud loosened during dissasembly and I didn't tighten it. Torque spec for the nuts is 34 ftlbs, should i just use that.

And what are your thoughts on oiling fasteners? I've always thoroughly cleaned and lightly oiled all fasteners and then used a torque wrench with no ill effects.

san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho
I'm going to replace the water pump and the motor mount this weekend (fun and games) and I don't see a torque spec for the yoke studs. I'm paranoid because I've stripped the threads in the holes that studs thread into in the past when the stud loosened during dissasembly and I didn't tighten it. Torque spec for the nuts is 34 ftlbs, should i just use that.

And what are your thoughts on oiling fasteners? I've always thoroughly cleaned and lightly oiled all fasteners and then used a torque wrench with no ill effects.
Engine mount to engine m10 - 34ft lbs
engine yoke to body m10 - 48 ft lbs
engine yoke to engine m110 - 48 ft lbs
oiling ? no thread lock maybe but not necessary in this case