Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #1

Where to buy IMS bearings?

I am currently rebuilding the engine on my 2000 Boxster ( one of the chain tensioners failed, and I dont like to do half assed work ). Although the intermediate shaft is in good shape, Id like to replace the bearing with a stock one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance

Bigsmoothlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #2

You cant buy just the OEM bearing from porsche. you have to buy the entire shaft. 99610501563

However, It begs the question.....WHY OEM? LN enginering or Jake Raby offer a much better bearing, and if the motor is apart, they have a entire shaft UPGRADE rather than just the retrofit.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 06-15-2011 at 08:09 AM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #3

If you have the motor apart, the only practical good answer is to send the entire shaft to Charles at LN and have him upgrade it to their triple bearing version.

Porsche won't sell you a stock bearing, and why would you want it in the first place?

Porsche will, however, sell you a whole new IMS shaft, which you could order with the latest, largest bearing, but I'd still do the LN upgrade, which is what I did when I built my motor.

Do you have all the weird tools to assemble the motor?

Last edited by Cloudsurfer; 06-15-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #4

Another vote for LN Engineering. Great product and pretty easy to install.

Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote