Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 07:00 PM   #1

Top problem!

I think my top might be in the same boat as the other post but I am not sure. My passenger side regulator (not sure if that is what it is called) has locked up. It is the thing that rotates when the top goes up and down. Can somebody tell me how I can fix it or if anybody has a manual of that area I can look at?

Yoslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:17 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to jiggysubman
Me too!

Hey, mine has the same problem! Help us!
jiggysubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #3

I had the same problem and it was that the top was out of sync it cost me about 800 to have it repaired. Does this sound like your problem one side starts to go up but the other side does not. i have been told that this is a common problem with our cars in fact they to told me not to put the top un and down a lot because this will just happen again. They also said that there should be a counter to show me how many cycles that i have left. He also told me the the 911 tops are worse than the Boxsters.
Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #4
pez

Send a message via AIM to pez Send a message via Yahoo to pez
Yup sounds like it's out of sync, whatever you do don’t force the thing mine got stuck down just before a sudden shower and I worked it shut.. Well $1600 later I could close the top and the cover went back down like normal.
(I got off cheap for the amount of damage ) If you are going to try to fix it yourself check out http://www.renntech.org , otherwise take it in asap!

Best of Luck!

Last edited by pez; 06-01-2005 at 05:22 AM.
pez is offline   Reply With Quote