Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #1

Front Trunk wont open.. Help Me!!!!

I have a Porsche Boxster 2000, The Front hood lever does not work. I found The emergency Release cable for the front hood i tried to pull it from under the car and it wont open.. can you guys give me any tips.. ASAP!!! i have food in there.( Milk , Meat) PLease help!!

carlosrmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Porscheectomy

Hit the unlock button on the key or dashboard.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #3

Garage
Try to remain calm so you don't exhaust your oxygen supply. Sounds like you have plenty of food but you will need water within 48 hours. Hopefully someone will miss you soon & come looking for you. Can we call someone for you?
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Hit the unlock button on the key or dashboard.
just tried that and it didnt work... the rear trunk opens but the front does not. thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver
Try to remain calm so you don't exhaust your oxygen supply. Sounds like you have plenty of food but you will need water within 48 hours. Hopefully someone will miss you soon & come looking for you. Can we call someone for you?
lol.. im at home 9i just did groceries but know that im home i cant open the front hood.. i have food in there i dont want it to spoil..
Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #6

Garage
It's 2 different cables that open it try pliers to get a good grip. If that won't work the cable may have come loose at the hood end. Search @ rennlist.com may help you also.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #7

If both cables /lever are moving; going through their respective actuating ranges then I think you will have to get close to the hood latch yourself. You may have to drop the front bumper cover to do so......sorry to say
Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver
It's 2 different cables that open it try pliers to get a good grip. If that won't work the cable may have come loose at the hood end. Search @ rennlist.com may help you also.
what do u mean hood end?
i only see one cable that looks like that 0------- ..
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Texas-T

Garage
I'm also having trouble opening my front truck. after reading quite a few threads on this topic, i replaced the actuator, and sprayed some penetrating oil into the release mechanism. so, the new actuator works well, much better than the old one, but the hood isn't "popping up" when it activates. with a little effort, and pinching my finger into the slot, i can manually lift it up, but it seems like a spring or something may be missing or broken. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should i replace the entire release mechanism or is it something else that i can fix without requiring replacing another part?

Note- While in there i also re-routed my release cable to the tow hole. great tip! thanks Pedro