Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #1

ECU Question

Does anyone have any insight about REVO performance ECU's?

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=484

After doing some research, they seem to have to most bang for th buck. Approx.
23bhp for a 2003 S.

avboxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #2

I dunno, but thanks for the link. If this is true, I will be able to get an extra 20hp out of my 2.7 for under a grand.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #3

I would get a guarantee of that HP increase on writing and then dyno the car. Several folks have posted disappointing results with ad on perf products.

Good luck though!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #4

There's a Porche tuner shop right around the corner from me who installs these. So far it's seems like the best ECU I've found. I may get it today, I'll let you know the outcome.
avboxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #5

Nice, get a dyno-tune too. This one looks good but the closest shop is 4.5hours away. But I can get the GIAC chip locally and I wanna see how they compare.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #6

Revo Chip???

Any luck with the RevoTECHNIC chip upgrade, I was thinking about getting it too. I've seen and heard that the GIAC chip blows while would like to hear better things from the REVO ship......ANY LUCK?

I was going to get the 5hour FREE test drive with it soon.
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by avboxsterS
There's a Porche tuner shop right around the corner from me who installs these. So far it's seems like the best ECU I've found. I may get it today, I'll let you know the outcome.
Do all of us a favour and dyno the car before/after will ya? Butt dyno is very subjective to say the least.... Another easier way would be to do some in-gear acceleration tests ie. how long it takes before/after the Revo install for a 20-50mph run on 3rd gear.
clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
Lux

There is no way 20hp is possible with just a chip. I'm not sure there's anything to gain with stock intake/exhaust and chip mod.

I wish someone would get the air/fuel ratio measured for a stock chip. I don't think there's enough room to advance the spark for anything worthwhile. Cars these days are made to run very clean (environmentally speaking). OBDII has made chip tuning much harder for everybody. So unless you're running lean up top, what's there to tweak?

Introduce more air (and consequently exhaust more gas), then I would see a need a chip. And even then, like what Clubhead has experienced, it's not just "plug and play".

So unless you get your car dyno'd and know exactly what the chip is doing to the a/f mixture, you might actually be harming your car (running lean) or killing your cats (running excessively rich).

-

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote