Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

shift light and rev limiter

I want to install a shift light to my 2000 S. Do I need to buy a kit-and from where or can I just get a pulse from somewhere?

Im also wanting to get my limiter to only come on at 7200 rpm as is sometimes comes at 7000-7100 rpm-really annoying when im on the track.

I do have a durametrics tool.

any input will help.

de-snorkeled, clear lights, sports exhaust, zeintec hard top, zein wing, B&M short shifter, DesignTek lowering springs, DesignTek carbon fibre strut brace front and rear, 18'' carerra 5 spokes, semi slick tyres, entire soft top delete, engine cover delete,red console,L&N deep sump, volo performance chip, raptor shift light, de-cat'ed, OEM GT3 bucket seats.
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #2

most of my corvettes have a raptor shift light....dont know about wiring them into a po
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #3

I don't think you'll have too much trouble with your shift light as there is bound to be a tach signal wire about, but as for adjusting/installing a rev limiter - good luck.

Sam
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker
I don't think you'll have too much trouble with your shift light as there is bound to be a tach signal wire about, but as for adjusting/installing a rev limiter - good luck.

Sam
sup ? howz the NOS install coming ? i got real close on mine but quit cuz i couldnt break into the ECU
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #5

Its going well. I have installed a J&S Safegaurd which controlls the ignition for me and thats all you really need from the ECU. Also have two Innovate wideband sensors in feeding back AFR ratios to the nitrous controller and have also editted the signal that it sends back to the ECU so it doesnt see a slightly rich condition when the nitrous is activated. Works well.
Sam
Old 09-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #6

good for you. mine is brand new and under warranty so i wanted something that i could pull out if it had to go back in to the dealer. guess i will find something else to get in trouble with
Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #7

My system is completely removable without a trace. Only thing there would be are two holes in the inlet 'T', but it doesn't matter as its a pedro one anyway and I still have my stock one to bolt back in if need be.

Sam
Old 09-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #8

I pit a shift light in my 99. I got it from GoSpecRacing from out in Cal. They gave me the wiring instructions and I tapped into those wires and all went well. I really like the light, when it hits red you can see it well and to me it was just one less thing to concentrate on when driving DE's. I think it was about $180. Talk to Nick or Mike, they have been a big help to me, I am presently waiting for my UDP from them. Good luck, Bill, Pgh. Pa.

wmtee is offline   Reply With Quote