Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #1

Recent upgrades...

So I had a replica 996 front bumper on my Box for a few months, and it just wasn't for me. The front was too low and I had to drive it like my old Hondas...which I am just sick of. It looked great, but I got sick of having to scrape in and out of driveways.

So, I dropped it off at The Speed Gallery ( www.thespeedgallery.com ) and had them put on an S bumper, a set of H&R Sport Springs, and H&R front and rear sway bars. If you ever do business there, talk to Sam and tell him Matt Morelli sent you...they're good guys over there, and they have some AMAZING Porsche's they've built.

My god, the car rides FANTASTIC! It's funny, I was expecting a harsher ride than stock, but it's not. The springs actually feel better than the stock ones. It handles like a son of a ******************** as well. Incredibly tight in the corners, very responsive, like it's on rails. As well, it looks far better. The 1" drop really adds to the aesthetics. Overall, I am very happy with the upgrades and I love the car even more now...

I have the stock 17" tuner style wheels on it, and I almost don't even want to upgrade. With the 1" drop, the 17's look perfect. I'll probably just upgrade the tires to some Pirelli P-Zero's and call it a day. I have some crappy Kumho's on it right now and they're terrible.

Next up is an exhaust, and a subwoofer. I'll probably upgrade to some S brakes as well...and that should be it. I was thinking about buying a Carrera as well, but now I don't even want to. I can't believe how happy I am with the Boxster. I am used to cars that outrun this Boxster by at least 3 seconds in the quarter...but I am content with it.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Lux

Every one of my cars over the years have run H&R or Eibach. Good stuff. I'm itching to do my car but I've been wasting a bunch of money on some of my other hobbies.

Post some pics (and of the F/R sway bars too)!

-
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #3

Ok, so I kinda chanced it with the crappy tires through Topanga Canyon today, and MAN...that thing handles like it's on rails! I spend half of my time driving the Boxster, and half of my time driving an NSX, and the Boxster can...hands down...own the pants off of the NSX in turns...especially with the upgrades. I cannot even begin to explain how well she handles, and this is with crappy ass Kumho rubber.

I need some tires badly, and then I am going to give it another go. I was having fun with a Mini Cooper (and handing it one) through the canyon. Very fun, and I am VERY impressed with the upgrades. NO negatives at all. No tire rub, no bottoming out, very very very good handling...fantastic upgrade. I'll post pics soon!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #4

Pix!!! Yaaaay!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
Lux

That's a good drop! Looks just right.

What specs were you able to align the car to? Looks to be a good amount of negative camber on the rears.

-

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote