Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 05:54 AM   #1

Hid

I've got a 1998 Boxster with halogens
I really like the look of the white xenons but right now a new pair of litronics is a bit in the future. I was even thinking of upgrading to a pair of clear halogens and then use HID's in order to give that really white light.

Does anyone know much about these bulbs and which brand is particuarly good for Boxsters. I want a really white light, preferably with a very sutle blue tinge - really a close imitation of xenons, so really bright as well if possible.

I know Boxsters take H7's - anyone else been using these bulbs? Do they give a good look, instead of the normal yellow lights.

If someone could give me some links to an international seller that sells good HID's for Boxsters that would be great.

Thanks,

Justin

aKiNa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #2

Search down below, there is a thread on exactly what you need. Did you check ebay? There are alot of imitation xenon bulbs for boxsters there.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #3

"good HID's for Boxster"

Read up from actual users, not from sellers of these bluish-whiter bulbs.

They don't live up to their claims for the most part, but I would like to try them too so I might just buy some silverstars... I've heard they're one of the better ones.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #4

silverstars are very nice, i have them on my honda element...NOT like hid's, but MUCH better than regular lights...MUCH MUCH better...
Morelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #5

I have a set of silverstars on several cars, one of which is a Boxster and while they are not at HID performance, they are a nice improvement over the stock halogens. It gives your lights a white look with just a hint of bluish to it. THey are also definetely brighter than the stock halogens, if that matters.
porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:49 AM   #6

I've very good experience with PIAA ones. I think they should be available in Australia. But expensive as hell. Paid US$70 for a pair.... made in Japan.
clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 AM   #7

Thanks,

I'll look around for those brands here in Australia

aKiNa2 is offline   Reply With Quote