Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #1

Garage
Looking for Help in Massachusetts

I am looking for some help from a fellow member in Massachusetts who has some first hand experience with up-loading an ECU program via the OBD port. I am in the process of having a new file created and I would greatly appreciate some help with up-loading it. Unfortunately, all of my computers are Mac's, and to be quite honest, I am not the most computer savvy. I am located in the central part of the state, however, I frequent the greater Boston area weekly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 10-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #2

If all else fails I can send you my laptop overnight which already has FVD's flash client program to read out your vehicle and than flash.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #3

Johnny,
Sent PM. I'm local and would be happy to help & see that beast in person.
-Brent
Old 10-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel
If all else fails I can send you my laptop overnight which already has FVD's flash client program to read out your vehicle and than flash.
Carlos,

Wow! Thats mighty kind of you. I'm hoping to find some assistance up here in Ma. If all else fails, maybe I'll take you up on it. In fact, I'd be willing to send you a plane ticket to come up and help me first hand.

p.s. Did you ever make a decision on the plenum, Techno Torque vs. RSS ?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #5

Where in MA (it is a big state ).My next weekend is free, I can come over with a Vista laptop (if Vista is anything better than MAC I doubt)...
I have no experience at all with the OBD reader and ECU but I am a programmer, so how difficult can it be?

Anyway, if you don't find someone more qualified, pm me...

George
gstoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoli
Where in MA (it is a big state ).My next weekend is free, I can come over with a Vista laptop (if Vista is anything better than MAC I doubt)...
I have no experience at all with the OBD reader and ECU but I am a programmer, so how difficult can it be?

Anyway, if you don't find someone more qualified, pm me...

George
Thanks George. The offers for assistance are starting to roll in. Its probably going to be a week or so before I am ready. I still have a plenum to install as well. I'll keep you posted.

Johnny

p.s. Maybe we should have a 986/ecu flash party !
Old 10-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Carlos,

Wow! Thats mighty kind of you. I'm hoping to find some assistance up here in Ma. If all else fails, maybe I'll take you up on it. In fact, I'd be willing to send you a plane ticket to come up and help me first hand.

p.s. Did you ever make a decision on the plenum, Techno Torque vs. RSS ?
John,

My offer stands. Plus I could use a small escape! In regards to the plenum upgrade I have not come to a decision yet as I have been dealing with my clutch work. Fortunately the missing piece, my clutch kit arrives tomorrow via Sachs in Ohio and upon installation I will move forward into either/or I will opt for.

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote