Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #1

Help, need radio code (im getting depressed!!!)

Hi,

My name is Oscar. I am a graduate student, and a Boxster (2000) owner. I went on home/vacation for three weeks, and my battery died when I was away, hence after re-charging the battery, I soon noticed that I need a code to use the radio. Would you be so kind as to help me out? Thanks in advance!

DDR220
type 4462
serial x5029756

Cheers,
Oscar

oscargonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #2

PM sent

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
onshore

Radio Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscargonzalez
Hi,

My name is Oscar. I am a graduate student, and a Boxster (2000) owner. I went on home/vacation for three weeks, and my battery died when I was away, hence after re-charging the battery, I soon noticed that I need a code to use the radio. Would you be so kind as to help me out? Thanks in advance!

DDR220
type 4462
serial x5029756

Cheers,
Oscar
Oscar if you're lucky someone thought ahead on this and wrote the code down on one of your vehicle ID tags. My radio and lug lock key codes were written on the vehicle ID tag inside the front hood. Search around on your car for all the ID tags and see if someone wrote it on one of them. Second if your radio is a Becker there are two buttons you can hold down on to bring up the code and you'll have to call a dealer to find out which two as I have forgotten. If you have a manual for your radio that might tell you as well or the code could be written in the manual somewhere. If all else fails you will have to take the car to an authorized dealer or mechanic and have the radio pulled to get the serial number off the back and Porsche will get the code for you. There will be a charge for this of course so look around first to see if a thoughtful individual wrote it down somewhere. If you have to pay the dealer to get it for you don't forget to be that thoughtful person and write it down where it can be found on the car. Best of luck.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #4

Some possibilities

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/radiocodes
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #5

We got it going. Oscar sent me the serial # and I ran it through the software program I have and came up with the code.

Just a reminder, if anyone needs their code, send me a PM w/ serial # and I'll respond.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #6

Ebay Item number: 120288557007
I used this and it worked and they were quick and at £5 you cant moan
crizzzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #7

This site looked really dodgey to me but when my wife lost her code to her radio, I thought I'd give it a try for $30. We live a long way from her dealership. I would spend that in time/gas/frustration getting it from the dealer. Well, it worked. I paid the money , gave them the VIN and had the code in an hour. Piece of cake. I understand they are not 100%, but it was a good buy for me.

http://www.radio-code.com/?gclid=CN3677vplJ0CFSTFsgodqlEd3g

d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote