Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #1

Unhappy Hunting then no throttle response (Update)

Update from garage, a 2002 sender unit was fitted before i bought the car and over time back pressure (2002 unit has no return whereas 2000 unit does!) has affected the fuel pressures until the point it failed. Means a new sender and fuel pump as they are matched. Excellent job by GCR Central getting to the bottom of this as there were no codes due to fuel sender not having a sensor. Proper mechanics at GCR not like the so called 'technicians' who replace parts until the problem dissapears and charge you for the privilege Thanks Chris. Lets get Boxstering

Hi Guy's
Anyone out there can throw some light on this?
2000 Boxster 3.2s tiptronic, suffering from hunting both on tickover and whilst driving at slower speeds, until last Saturday when the car cutout, engine would start but as soon as the throttle was depressed revs went to 1500 rpm and then the engine shutdown. No warning lights on the dash. Once the car was recovered (the shame of it ) to my indie guy, he tried the diagnostics with NO error codes. After several more attempts it burst into life and was back to normal, he kept the car at the garage and i was told later in the day the problem had returned. So far he has tried several throttle bodies including a new one and a throttle pedal assembly, he has confirmed all fuel pressures are OK. looking at taking it to OPC at the moment
Regards

Last edited by rob1353; 09-08-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: update
rob1353 is offline   Reply With Quote