Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #1

Exclamation better searches? (02 issues)

The term "02" is too short to search. "Oxygen sensor" is used too infrequently and "sensor" alone pulls too many results.

please then before telling me to do a search rather than answer please also tell me some search terms that will allow me to find what i am looking for.

I have had the typical "p0133 p1275" codes and too the advice i've found on the forum and replaced all for at around $500 dollars of expense. (ridiculously easy install by the way) the light had been on forever but just after i ordered the parts the car started behaving badly. Right around variocam kick in the car would gain no power or actually a slight loss. More so if the throttle was more open. Figured just in time, parts were already on the way. They are replace, code was clear, drives the same and one code returned. (p0133) I have a sneaking suspicion that the code is unrelated to the car behavior. Feels to me like the car is lacking air or fuel. Preferably air, since i dont want it to go boom. I am going to clean the MAF and check the filter but hopefully someone on here knows exactly what my problem is just by the symptoms.... ... surely someone here does right?

2001 boxster s. Of right, right before the 02's got replaced the idle got inconsistent. Right after the pre-cats got replaced the idle was rough only after the car warmed up (??) and now with all four replaced the idle is largely fine, but the power shortage still exists 4000rpm on at half+ throttle.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jackelfox; 05-16-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Jackelfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #2

Try putting 02 sensor in quotes.

"02 sensor"

funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote