Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #1

M030 Suspension

Does anyone have any info on M030 suspension upgrades for a 2000 Boxster? What are the benefits? How low is the ride height? Would anyone recomend doing it? What is the difference between Euro and US spec M030 suspension upgrade?

psuball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #2

M030 Suspension

Not sure on your location. But if it is US, the quick answer to this is that US spec M030 suspension mods do not alter the ride height, as supplied from Porsche.
You would need to purchase the ROW M030 springs to get the 10mm ride height reduction that is part of the option outside the US.

Of course this is only the case if you want to stay with Porsche factory spec parts. If you are buying springs anyway, you can go as low as your wallet and local driving conditions will allow...

As to the benefits, these are very subjective and depend on your likes and dislikes for ride/handling balance. I drove a back to back test with and without M030 and found the standard spec. to have good overall balance with some softness. The M030 car just turned in a little crisper and stayed a little flater in cornering. It is hard and a little jarring for the street, but on a freeway you tend to accept the harshness quickly and not really notice. M030 benefits really show up if you corner hard (autocross or track).
In summary, if you tend to drive like you stole it or track the car, get M030.
mike_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #3

Thanks for the info!!! I really don't drive the car very aggressively on a daily basis but I have tracked it a few times. I am looking at lowering the ride height but I am concerned in regards to putting unnecessary pressure on suspension components after it is lowered. Also, I really don't know what is a good spring set to buy for this car.
psuball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Crazed P-Car enthusiast

H&R make a good set that will lower your car roughly an inch and increade stiffness @ 20%. How the perporters of this measure and arrive at that percentage is a mystery, but they won't put any undue preesure on your suspension. This was only a factor for '97 Boxes and really only applied to going up to 18" wheels, and was addressed in the '98 model year.