Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #1

engine warning light

Hi,

I drove my 2001 boxster S (45k miles) on the highway when the engine warning light came on with a loss of power. I slowed down and the light came back off. I drove 25 more miles at 75 mph with no problem.

At home, I waited 15 min before starting again the engine. No light, no problem.

Is anyone has an idea of what is going on?

Thanks for your help

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #2

without much details, it's hard to tell. by "engine warning light," I assume you mean your check engine light. If you have an autoparts store that will do a free scan for codes (like autozone or advance auto), they might be able to check for any pending codes even though it sounds like there is no CEL showing on the dash. if you get a code, post it and folks can probably help out more.

did you notice any other symptoms?
jjanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #3

hi,

thanks for the reply.

yes, it is the check engine light. I did not notice any other symptoms before and after the problem. The light came on during 30 seconds with a loss of power and nothing else after that.

I drove the car this morning (30 miles on the highway) and anything was looking fine.

I will go to Autozone to try to get a code.

Thanks for your help

benji is offline   Reply With Quote