Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2002, 02:41 PM   #1
Ken
Bananaman

Angry Serious Suspension Issues:

I took my car into my local suspension shop where they have the latest equipment, all computerized, lasers, the works, and asked them to undo the 'track' settings that my local performance shop did because I wanted to try to make my tires last longer on the street and have a more "streetable" car.

Evidently, there is a problem. The driver's side rear toe cannot be adjusted any further, everything is maxed out and there is no turnbuckle or any adjustable control arm, everything is done via the cams and they are maxed and it still isn't right.

The following picture shows my suspension setup when the car came in and what they were able to do with it when they handed it back, although they did not work on the front very much because the back was so far out they didn't expect that it would make much difference until I take care of the rear toe issue.

My question is, how can I do so? Will new upper plates for the struts help? Is there an alternative lower control arm or toe adjustment arm that Porsche provides? I would appreciate any insight from someone with some serious suspension knowledge or a contact at Porsche who is going to know what to do about it.

BTW, I know the specs in the picture are for US Sport and I now have ROW Sport (Does anyone have those numbers for ROW btw?) but that doesn't change the fact that the toe can't be adjusted any further all that would do is alter the range in which items appear red, yellow, or green.