Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2004, 10:53 AM   #1

Cool The Need for Speed

I have just recently purchased a '98 Boxster and absolutly love it. I am a speed freak, however and am always looking for ways to go faster quicker.

I was wondering what the easiest, quickest, and/or cheapest ways were to add HP to my Boxster.

Also, after the easy cheap whatever ways are all done from your experience what is the best not so easy/cheap way to add HP

Thanks,

Mark K

guenzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #2

congrats on your new purchase! Cheap and easy way to get more HP? There is no such thing as cheap or easy for upgrading HP in a Porsche. I have put more then $20 k into my 986 so far and have only added 65-70 HP to my 2000. I would probably suggest the least expensive mods start with a new air intake. maybe a chip tuning or if you dont mind dropping a few grand in right away get yourself a supercharger.... http://www.turboperformance.com/
Good luck with your car
Old 11-30-2004, 06:20 PM   #3

I must comment here. My 97 is not nearly as fast as I would like it to be, so I am saving up for a 3.4L conversion.

Hang the intake and exhaust mods and the supercharger... too expensive for too little HP.

When I'm done, I'll have a blinding fast sleeper on my hands and then I'll be saving up to pay speeding tickets
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Randall...who are you going through? I've been researching who will do the install, and where to buy the parts from, etc...just curious what you're plans are, because I'm thinking along the same lines in the moderate to distant future. PM me, or post here for all to see. I've been in contact (sort of) with Fabian Roock, but they seem pretty reluctant to give out information over there, plus they don't speak much english from my experience.

Anyway, thanks. Also, guenzak, see my thread "Supercharged Boxster", and you'll get a TON of information about what you can and can't do...and some pretty good things to be careful of.

Like its been said, there's no "easy" or cheap way to add HP...

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote