Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #1

Exclamation Please Help! Lowbeam problem in 01 986 boxster!!!

I just purchased a 01 Boxster, and it has a couple of small things that I am hope someone has experienced before and can help me with! I have the standard non-xenon headlights....

1. Lowbeam headlights don't work (not at all) they come on and they are really dull almost like park lights. I have replaced the bulbs and checked all the fuses on the driver side.

2. Highbeams work when the lever is pulled towards the driver, but not when pushed forward and clicked into place

2. The indicator will not stay down when it is turning right, and will not release after a left turn

Is there anything else I can do to fix the headlight and indicator issue? I really need some help people!!!!

Last edited by bentravis; 04-24-2008 at 11:49 AM.
bentravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #2

Are you sure you're turning the lights completely on? What you're describing sounds like you're just turning the parking lights on.

When you turn the lights on, you're twisting the switch clockwise -and it needs to click twice. The first click is your parking lights. Twist it a bit more for headlights.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
Are you sure you're turning the lights completely on? What you're describing sounds like you're just turning the parking lights on.

When you turn the lights on, you're twisting the switch clockwise -and it needs to click twice. The first click is your parking lights. Twist it a bit more for headlights.

I wish that was the problem I am sure it is on the correct setting... I am really not sure what it could be. Have you heard of any similar issues?
bentravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to outdoordan
I have had the same problem on my passenger side bulb. My buddy owns a shop and replaced with new bulb, but wouldn't kick on. He said he didn't know what to do about it. So, if you figure it out, please post.
outdoordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #5

Replace the Light switch ---
This is a common problem with the Porsche switch.

Take care,
Ed
Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #6

Sunset porsche in oregon has good cheaper prices on OEM parts. 1 (800) 346-0182

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote