Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #1

Bad Door Handle.

Please Advise: Out of the blue my Passenger side outside door handle/pull stopped working. It was fine last weekend but then all of a sudden this weekend nothing, I can not open my passenger side door from the outside. When you pull on the handle the window does the appropriate drop/slide down from the canvas top, but will not actually open the door. It opens just fine from inside the car using the inside door handle/pull. Anybody have any ideas on this? I want to pull the door panel off and start looking at the internal mechanisms, to see if anything is off. The only thing is that I've never pulled a door panel off of a Boxster before. I am a bit worried about setting off the side door airbags, is there a switch or procedure I should follow so as to avoid accidently setting off the side airbags?
Any help any one can offer would be great, thanks very much.

-Victory3
2001 Boxster S- Box Life....

victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #2

You're likely to have to replace the handle. Not too difficult to do. It could also just be a disconnected push rod, but I doubt it.

To avoid airbag deployment disconnect the Battery and wait at least 5 min. Be sure to carefully pry off the 'AirBag' tag from the panel as there's a hidden screw behind it.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #3

Thanks. Yeah I figured it may be a something as simple as a push rod or clip.

-Victory

victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote