Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #1

Porsche performance chip (OEM?)

okay, so i remember looking through my porsche magazine or christophorus (some porsche mag i used to get in the mail) or whatever it was, but it was one that porsche send me a few time a year. at least a year ago or so i was reading through it and they had some boxster performance mods listed in there, i dont remember what it was but i think it was an OEM performance part or the like...anyway it said 25 or 35 bhp bolted on...does anyone know what the heck i am remembering? it looked legit and it was expensive but i cant remember exactly what it was, all i know is there was a chip included for sure, and maybe exhaust and intake? or just the chip and something else? anyway, if anyone remembers this from that mag help me out, my brains tired!

ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #2

I'm not aware of any OEM performance parts that are supposed to give you more power. I don't think Porsche even claims that their sport exhaust adds any power. You were probably looking at something aftermarket. To get a claim of 25 - 35 bhp you're probably looking at an intake, exhaust, and ECU reflash.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
bmussatti

Ut, if you want a 25-35 OEM bhp increase...it's called the "S" model!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #4

b- i got the S model part down already, but i don't have the 08 S model "down" if you know what i mean...so i was looking for a bolt-on way to keep up with the new 295-303 hp models...and if i could just get my hands on that one advert i saw in that mag i would be a little closer to that 5 sec mark to 60. i figured there wasnt any OEM mods, esp that add that kind of HP...but whatever it was, it was a nice little kit, with all the parts together and pre-programed so a dyno want needed...although im sure a dyno would be optimal if something in a porsche mag claims 35 hp then i gotta give it a chance, even if the gain is half that, its a big chunk for $1500-2k or whatever they were asking.

ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote