Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #1

Matching the Paint?

Does anyone know the difference between the colors “Aluma-Look” offered by many e-bay sellers and aftermarket houses, vs. Porsche’s “Arctic Silver”? Are these one and the same colors? Is the OEM interior accent silver trim color that is found on the inside of our cars the same as Arctic Silver, or is it more comparable to the Aluma-Look color? And if they are different what is the paint code for the “Aluma-Look color? Thanks for all of your help on this; I’m getting some black interior pieces ready for the paint-house, and want to get my colors straight.

-Victory 3

victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #2

IMHO, I would get the color code for the exterior paint and see if they can match it. But, I am certain there are some guys here who have done this mod without color code matching and it looks just as good.

The color code for your Artic silver can be found in this link:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?autocom=content&code=colors_boxster

You might have to register / sign in to view it.

BTW, their legend states: BOLD is for "conventional paints" and Normal Text is for "water-based paints".

Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #3

forgive me if you already know but your paint code for the exterior can be located usually on the inside of your front hood. Sometimes it is behind the carpet of the front trunk on the right side. Match the paint code when you purchase your paint and you should be assured of like color. Good luck.

Custom pioneer system
Full window tint
RennTech black aluminum floor mats
Clear front wheel well lenses
SCCA member
boxster or briefs is offline   Reply With Quote