Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #1

Question for Durametric owners

For those of you who have the Durametric software have any of you had problems using the 'drive links' option? I'm going to try again later today but the last time it did nothing when I clicked start.

Some other comments on the software:
I have some alarm faults that are present so I emailed Durametric and asked if they were going to add a feature to clear those alarm codes. I got a well written reply in just a few hours. Apparently they have been unable to crack the alarm code. Said they've spent over 600 hours trying. But, he said, you can look at the text under the code description to see if the fault is present or not. So if you have something 'present' that goes to 'not present' after you've done something you know you fixed it but you just can't clear it. All six of mine are 'not present' so nothing appears to be broken right now.

He also said that they have a software update coming out in the next 30 days.

Also, if you bought the software before they offered two versions you have the 'professional' version that is not limited to 3 cars.

Thanks for any advice on the drive links feature.

Regards,
mike

derb is offline   Reply With Quote