Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #1

Alarm problem

Last Saturday night the alarm in the Boxster went off. It has never gone off before and I wasn’t even sure it worked since my Durametric software shows a bunch of alarm codes present. Fast forward to last night- the alarm goes off again. I reset it. It goes off again about 10 minutes later. I reset it again, and thinking something might be wrong with the alarm system, I leave the oddments tray popped open so the alarm doesn’t arm when I lock the doors. When I lock the doors I get a single short beep indicating the alarm is not armed. All is well, or so I thought. About 2 or 3 hours later the alarm interrupts what would have been a nice nights’ sleep. So I left the car unlocked for the rest of the night. I know, not a very smart thing to do.
From what I’ve read there are about 12 things that will set the alarm off. One of them is a door being opened. Does this mean actually opening the door, or just pulling on the handle? Maybe someone was just trying to piss me off by tugging on the handle. But that doesn’t explain the alarm going off when I left the oddments tray opened.
As always, any advice is appreciated

derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #2

Hey Derb,
Just bumping you up hoping that one of the other folks out there can help you out. Good luck with that issue.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
FTD

Just a smidge of comment - I thinking leaving the oddments lid open keeps the motion sensor from setting, but not the total alarm system. That is my understanding, anyway.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #4

FTD,
Thanks for the comment. That does help. I'll try to confirm that.

dcporsche99,
Thanks for the bump.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #5

No prob derb. Hope it works out for ya.

dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote