Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #1

convertible problems

yesterday my top was stuck in down mode disconnected 4 arms so i could manually move it put it back together worked once then now stuck in up position. i unlatch light s come on but no movement.i hear box mounted on back wall where cable go into making a noise like it wants to move but seems locked.service copartment stuck down so what yall think? thanks chris

TO2IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #2

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showforum=46
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 AM   #3

i have read and read still not sure. i have disconnected all 4 push rods to top and clamshell i need to know how to get the thing that tuns to the right position and why it strikes the side of the car where the clamshell slides? please toolpants help me
Old 09-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #4

i went to the stealership today and they said the 99 boxster have been converted so now i must buy all these new pieces to get mt top operating. a bunch of bull if you ask me if i connect every thing up the top will go up or down 1 time but then the clamshell gets stuck like it wants to keep closing and wont lift back up so i have to pop the arms off to release pressure then it will work again? hmmmm
Old 09-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #5
b0xt0La

Similar problem here. YOu have to time it right or it will get stuck on the way down. My top goes out of sync every 2 weeks ( actually it just did today). When I notice it I retime the whole thing to avoid breaking any pieces.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #6

how to retime? i broke 2 arms already
Old 09-21-2004, 08:28 AM   #7

I had the same problem I brought the car to Auto Europe and they re-sinked the top and then had to straighten the clam shell because the motor has the power to twist the clam shell The whole fix was about 800.00 and i have not had a problem since, the Porsche dealer wanted 1250.00 to do the same thing. Auto Europe said that this is a common problem with all Porsche's but the 911's are by far the worst. There were 3 other boxster's in the shop with the same problem
Automon

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote