Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #61

Send a message via MSN to pinzgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Cool pictures, what does the whole rig weigh including fluids, thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed. intercooler weights about 12 pounds, so the bottle and it will take 10 pounds of CO2. For the Methanol pump, about 2 pounds with a 8 pounds for one gallon of 50-50 water ethanol. I removed Spare tire from front and put Little compressor and flat repair pressurised can as they do now in new boxster. I also removed soft top. I have hard top and speedster hump.So the added weight is just slightly positive.
Best, Jacques

pinzgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #62
pk2

Pretty interesting Jacques.

Your breaking allot of convention, but that's what this thread is about. On that front, I think your in the lead. I'm really curious to see how much hp these engines can take, OI think will see with your car.

Nice work on the gages. I tried to fit mine on either side of the existing 3 guage cluster, mechanisms just don't fit.

Keep it up,

Regards, PK
Old 03-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2
Pretty interesting Jacques.

Your breaking allot of convention, but that's what this thread is about. On that front, I think your in the lead. I'm really curious to see how much hp these engines can take, OI think will see with your car.

Nice work on the gages. I tried to fit mine on either side of the existing 3 guage cluster, mechanisms just don't fit.

Keep it up,

Regards, PK
Hi PK, I falled on that 3 gages pod at GLOWSHIFT. It costs only 12.00 and fits perfect. Nothing to do on it. Gauges are also at fair price. Thanks for comments. The most serious advices I had from Rolex Porsche racing mechanic and from IA is to not to send nitro inside engine. Methanol is what I need to bring to maximum without blowing, I hope. Must get around 400 hp at 7psi
Bests
Jacques

Last edited by pinzgo; 03-02-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinzgo
Hi PK, I falled on that 3 gages pod at GLOWSHIFT. It costs only 12.00 and fits perfect. Nothing to do on it. Gauges are also at fair price. Thanks for comments. The most serious advices I had from Rolex Porsche racing mechanic and from IA is to not to send nitro inside engine. Methanol is what I need to bring to maximum without blowing, I hope. Must get around 400 hp at 7psi
Bests
Jacques

God I hope you get 400hp.

That will be such good news for all of us.

Why do I feel we have a semi arms race for HP in these engines??

Its kinda fun.
With all these new mods you guys are doing I feel left out. Oh well it gives me something to shoot for this winter.

Jacques you get 400 and I know I will have to go for 400 myself.
Your ideas on modifying a Boxster is out of the box (pun intended). Which is great, there are proven mods for other cars that have not been tried on our platform. When they are successful it brings all of our cars along.

My next phase of mods are going to be the cat delete and possibly electronic cut outs. But I will tell you, today I went for a spirited drive and my power is nice and additive. There are time my 6psi system goes into the 7 and 8psi on my boost gauge, I can really tell when it gets there. The car feels like there are 2 more cylinders that kick in pushing the car even faster as it screams for the redline. I just miss the raspy character of the exhaust that I had prior to the turbos.

This winter I will find a way to get my power up. I can not be the low man on the totem pole

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR

This winter I will find a way to get my power up. I can not be the low man on the totem pole
Good morning Gary. My challenge is so that after two losts against my son, I have to beat him with his S2000 next summer. I have Supercharger, He added Supercharger. I add intercooler, nitro and Methanol, he is going to put thicker gasket to lower compression, Greddy Emanage, 650 cc injectors, and he passes from 6 psi to 13 psi.
We are 30 years apart, but we have a nice chimie together. I am not very open for speed. Quarter miles are not so dangerous, but engine has to respond. What is nice with Boxster, is that, when you have power to succeed when starting, the same power pushes you up because the six speed has a spectacular acceleration. Gary, with your mods in forums, you are one that helped me taking that decision to do so on a so perfect car. It means that all what we do also has to be perfect. I need to have from you guys all infos that can help me going to maximum (without blowing everything) As I understand, Heat looks to be high boost ennemy for these high compression engines.
Another week' I hope, And I send you final pictures. Tomorrow, Drill onto my trunk lid for fan air intake. It keeps me on.
I added pictures of my baby
Best to all of you
Jacques

Last edited by pinzgo; 03-02-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #66

I would try to do something along this route.

SilentThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #67
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR

That will be such good news for all of us.

Why do I feel we have a semi arms race for HP in these engines??

Its kinda fun.
It's looking that way, lets replace are ignition switxhes with big red buttons. We probably ought to lay down some stipulations to, like...it has hold together for a whole mile or so, wide open .

Me I'm in limbo just trying to hit 300hp. A victim of a shrinking globe. I'm waiting for some special stuff from Ontario, U.K., and (believe it or not) S. Africa (no not zebra skin seat covers).

Hoping in a month I'll be taking the last tiny but critical step of putting on a smaller S/C pulley.

Regards,

PK

Last edited by pk2; 03-02-2008 at 10:14 PM.
pk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentThunder
I would try to do something along this route.

I can not open images. I am not very hot with computers, Do I have to click or open program to do so.
What I am doing with my Boxster is not necessary what people should do with it. If you have any recommendations, I agree to do on my car. I think I use it now more as a prototype. If it works, you guys will feel safer to do it on yours. I think.
Thanks, Jacques
Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #69

Gauges

Jacques, thanks for the updates and the photos!

So you got the universal radio DIN gauge pod from GLOWSHIFT? Is it this one?

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=253

What size gauges did you fit in there, 52 mm or did you have to go smaller? I REALLY like the fit in your car, it does look to be a perfect fit.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #70

Gauges

Kirk,

Here is the link to the single DIN insert I used for my gauges.
There is a picture of the gauges earlier in this thread.
It does not fit perfect in the OLD AC control area, When I tested the panel in the bottom where Jauques are at it fit perfect.

So is you want to place your gauges in the bottom bins this one and Glowshift look like they fit perfect, if you want to place the gauges where mine are at a trim piece needs to be fitted.

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgroup=Generic_DIN

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #71
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinzgo
I can not open images. I am not very hot with computers, Do I have to click or open program to do so.
-----------------------------------------------------
I can't sse those either...bad link or somthing. Rt. click them, select "properties", copy and past the URL from the popup into into the top address line of your browser, hit return and viola.

Regards, PK

(nice install)

Last edited by pk2; 03-03-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #72

http://www.ramis-porsche.com/rsfinal.htm

theres the site.
SilentThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #73
pk2

Very impressive #'s is that 2,7 or 3,2? , nice install to. So,what exactly did you do to get 365hp.

Regards, PK
Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Jacques, thanks for the updates and the photos!

So you got the universal radio DIN gauge pod from GLOWSHIFT? Is it this one?

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=253

What size gauges did you fit in there, 52 mm or did you have to go smaller? I REALLY like the fit in your car, it does look to be a perfect fit.

Kirk
Hi Kirk, It is the one. Direct fit with 52 mm. And there is a 12 v0lts unused plug in opening that allow you to plug them directly. For oil pressure one, there is a plug on left side of engine that let you fix the sensor.
take care
Jacques
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentThunder
Huge work. Is it twin turbo. How many psi to intake. What about nitro or methanol.
Very nice toy. Congratulations
Jacques
Old 03-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #76

intercooler

Following some more pictures of intercooler, nitro and methanol install.
Job is going well. lots of thinking before making a move. Each thread takes 5 pictures max. I send 3 threads of 5 pictures each.
Please feel free to comment.
Best
jacques
Old 03-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #77

Following 5 more pictures. In these ones, you will see Catalictic modification. I bought a used set of cats, emptied catalict material from inside and bent 2 inches ss pipe to replace 1.33 inch original. I kept other set original for road use. Cost..125.00$ for both. Following pictures will also show scoop install on trunk lid.

Jacques
Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #78

Intercooler. nos, methanol

last 5 pictures, scoop, Inside shop with my son's cars under modifications and Bfgoodrich 275-35-18 radial drag on 10 inches wheels
Dream is taking shape.
Have great times guys
Jacques
Old 03-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #79

Thats a great looking shop.

I can not wait to see all of this together and see 1/4 mile times.

This is a great project.

Gary

Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #80
pk2

Jacques,

Your not holding back are you..no compromise. Inspiring

To Gary's point, nice workspace. Do plan to take it for it's maiden voyage in side that cavern?

How are you planning on getting good airflow in, through the intercoolers and out again? I had the idea that you were cutting holes in the floor of the trunk, thought that pretty clever for a nice source for cool air.

How Mine going? put it this way, my center console looks a lot like yours. Like it threw up. Waiting for a cable from S. Africa to program my AIC (got a schematic, if it doesn't show up soon, I'm making my own). Got an engineer from Aquamist in England presumably building me a custom PWM controller for my Meth./O2 injection. So I' hovering in a holding pattern

Meanwhile my cars on jack-stands and the weather's been in the 80's (F).

Regards, PK

P.S. Funny about your cats, I did the same thing on a Jag I had, on the spot & out of necessity, the car wouldn't really go,

Last edited by pk2; 03-10-2008 at 12:30 PM.