Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #1

PSS9 / Coilover Damper Settings

For those of you that have coilovers installed...

What settings do you have in terms of rebound and bump for the road and for track biased events.

Thanks

noone986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #2

I am not sure, I had the folks at the independent porsche set it up for road as opposed to track. They suggested the minimum (softest) settings while still lowering the car about an inch.

Even on the least agressive setting it is noticably stiffer than the stock suspension, but I love it. Its interesting how the coilovers work with bumps. Even though the car is lower and stiffer than on stock suspension I have less problem clearing curbs and speed bumps with the bilsteins.

Of course, the best thing is how the car handles, very little body roll when cornering and very responsive. It would be hard to imagine going back to stock suspension setup after the PSS9.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I think I will try backing mine off a little, I think I have it set too hard for the road.

Cheers
noone986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Moostang
pss9 set up

I also have mine set to the softest setting. I drive mine daily and it hasn't seen any track time.

Patrick
Moostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #5

Well the PSS9's only have a setting for dampening. Your KW's have both dampening and rebound like the JIC's. I wouldn't run the PSS9's at full soft as you can bottom out, and the car will get some harmonic bouncing going on the highway sometimes. I ran with my PSS9's like that for a couple of weeks. I have run on the track with in a few different settings.... full soft, full stiff and 1 (stiffest) and 3 rear. I can not feel too much a difference between 1 and 3 in the rear as I run 245/40 hoosiers all around at the track and am used to some mild oversteer. Im going to try to dial up the softness even more to see if I can correct the Oversteer, but right now Im at full stiff... and honestly thats how I like it. Car is night and day at the track between full soft and full stiff.

1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote