Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2004, 07:50 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
New Interior

Finally received delivery of the Boxster...and the interior hasn't exactly been cared for.

Has anyone redone their interior? Is there any way to get a new one installed? Just curious what my options are...its pretty nasty. Leather is stained and worn, funky smell, a horror to someone like me who has always pampered cars.

Thanks.

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 PM   #2

First thing you might want to do is take it to a detail shop and get the carpeting shampooed.

Then, if you take it to a auto upholstry shop, they can clean and dye the seats for you and make them look really nice. You'd be surprised what they can do with your old, nasty seats!

Replacement seats are indeed available on Ebay and from salvage yards, but they are expensive!

Carpeting is also available from salvage yards, but for that I'd just bite the bullet and buy it brand new from the dealership and figure out how to install it yourself (probably not hard, but time consuming) or bring it to the auto upholstry shop when you get the seats cleaned and dyed and pay them to do it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-11-2004 at 01:14 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
i would go the custom carpet route. I did this on my old jeep wrangler -- sound proofing on the floor with a custom kit fabricated and installed -- i think it cost just over $300. well worth it and it looked great.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:52 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Thanks for the info...I spent all day yesterday detailing the interior, and I have to say it does look a little bit better, but I am going to take your advice and bring it to a shop and have them clean the carpets. The seats and doors really need to have the leather redone, so I'll do that too.

Once its all done (might take a couple of weeks, I've got some engine problems to take care of first) I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote